What are the Advantages of Underfloor Heating?
- Low maintenance costs – Perhaps one of the most popular reasons why people choose to install underfloor heating is that it rarely requires any maintenance once it is fitted.
- Energy efficiency – Underfloor heating is also generally far more efficient than old-fashioned radiators and because of this, are more cost-effective on your utility bills.
- Makes your home feel more comfortable – Another advantage is the comfort that underfloor heating will bring to your home. This is because the temperature will be consistent around the room as opposed to with a radiator.
- More hygienic – When you choose radiators and other forms of convectional heating, your floors can remain cold and damp, which is the perfect breeding ground for dust mites. As the floors are heated through with underfloor heating, any dust mites and other such creepy crawlies will find the floor too warm and dry to live and breed in.
- Flexibility in room temperature – With underfloor heating, each room will have its own dedicated thermostat. This means that each room can be kept at a different temperature. A good underfloor heating system will allow you to save money by keeping temperatures either low or off in rooms that aren’t being used.