Air Source Heat Pumps
Benefits of air source heat pumps
- Zero carbon emissions produced from your home.
- A far more efficient heating system.
- Safer than fossil-fuel-burning systems, as an air source heat pump is powered entirely by electricity. They also emit zero air pollutants and are combustion-free.
- Air source heat pumps also perfectly complement other renewable systems such as underfloor heating and solar panels.
- No fuel deliveries needed.
What are the Running Costs of an Air Source Heat Pump?
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) is a program run by Ofgem, the regulatory body for the UK gas and electricity market, to encourage homeowners to upgrade their old, inefficient boilers to more energy-efficient models. The scheme is intended to help reduce carbon emissions and lower energy bills for households. Please keep in mind only MCS accredited companies like Summit Energies can sign off BUS grants.